Committee wants to hear your input into the future of Rexall Place
EDMONTON, AB – On December 2, the Engagement Subcommittee unveiled an online public survey which is the first step in a number of initiatives to gather information from Edmontonians on their thoughts and suggestions for the future facility and site use of Rexall Place. We invite the community to take the time to share their input on this exciting opportunity for our city.
“No one is more passionate about our city than the people who live here, and that’s why we want to give everyone the opportunity to have their say and make suggestions that can assist in creating a plan that will be supported by the Edmonton community,” said Mack Male, Blogger of MasterMaq’s Blog and Engagement Subcommittee Chair. “We’ll be following the highest standards in community consultation and will ensure the Northlands neighbouring communities are effectively engaged in the process.”
The Engagement Subcommittee is responsible for collaborating with external stakeholders to identify and assess the community’s needs by developing an engagement plan, conducting web-based surveys and facilitating group sessions for community members, stakeholders, partners, Northlands volunteers and staff. The Engagement Subcommittee is responsible for building consensus regarding the recommendation as the facility or site must further several interests including agriculture, arts, culture, education, commerce, athletics, entertainment and community enrichment.
Engagement Subcommittee members include:
• Mr. Mack D. Male, Blogger of MasterMaq’s Blog and Engagement Subcommittee Chair
• His Worship Mayor Don Iveson, City of Edmonton
• Mr. Dave Quest, MLA, Government of Alberta
• Mr. Dave Mowat, President & CEO, ATB Financial
• Mr. Gerry Yuen, Northlands Board of Governors
• Mr. Burke Perry, Second Vice Chair, Northlands Board of Directors
• Mr. Andrew Ross, Arena Strategy Committee Chair, Northlands Board of Directors