13 farm families will be honoured today as 2019 Farmfair International BMO Farm Family Award Winners
Edmonton, AB: For 50 years, BMO has recognized farm families from across northern and central Alberta with the BMO Farm Family Awards. Families are nominated from 20 counties across the region by other members of their community. Once nominated, the Northern and Central Agricultural Service Boards select outstanding families who best represent values of the family farm within their rural community. The award honours both their farming business practices and community involvement.
We’re proud to announce the recipients of the 2019 BMO Farm Family Awards:
- From the County of Barrhead, Clarence & Rose Olthuis of Sunburst Farms Ltd.
- From Beaver County, Kent and Stacey Rude
- From Clearwater County, Wayne and Sharyn Terpsma
- From Lac La Biche County, Jim and Evelyn Malbeuf of Malbeuf Farm
- From Northern Sunrise County, Will and Joan Petluk of P-Nutz Farm Inc.
- From the Municipal District of Peace, Robert and Carrie Dickson of Mighty Peace Honey
- From Saddle Hills County, Doug and Lyla Yanishewski
- From the Municipal District of Smoky River, Bernard and Monique Maisonneuve
- From the County of St. Paul, Kevin and Janice Wirsta of K-Cow Ranch
- From Strathcona County, Carol and Darrel Maier of Country Road Greenhouses
- From the County of Two Hills, Greg and Marie Lychak
- From the County of Vermilion River, Todd and Janine Hames of Hames Ridge Farm Ltd.
- From the County of Wetaskiwin, Randy and Sandy Lorentz of Sunrise Farms.
They’ll each be honoured at Farmfair International on Saturday, November 9 at the BMO Farm Family Awards Gala and receive a commemorative gate sign.
As a proud supporter of Alberta’s agriculture industry, Northlands is grateful for the hard work these families do as vital contributors to agriculture and their rural roots. “As leaders in Alberta’s agriculture industry, winning farm families share the same deep roots in their communities and great passion for farming and ranching,” said Peter Male, President and CEO of Northlands. “We hope that these precious family legacies carry on for generations.”
“BMO has proudly supported the Canadian agriculture community for over 200 years, and this is an opportunity for us to give back and recognize the families that are making significant contributions to the rural way of life,” said Lynda Taylor, Regional President of Business Banking, Prairies Central, BMO Bank of Montreal. “The BMO Farm Family Awards recognize the accomplishments and contributions made by farm families and their commitment to growing the good in their communities. Congratulations to this year’s recipient families.
Learn more about this year’s BMO Farm Family award recipients at Farmfair International by visiting here.
Farmfair International, one of Canada’s top agricultural shows, will be running November 6 – 10 at the Edmonton EXPO Centre.