Arena SurveyYour Voice. The Future of the Arena.
Edmontonians are passionate about their city and that’s why we want everyone to have their say and make suggestions to assist us in creating a plan supported by the community.
With the opening of a new downtown arena, Northlands must now determine the future use of Rexall Place and its site. To do this, the Northlands Board of Directors struck a 17 person Arena Strategy Committee which has been tasked with developing a recommendation on the future of Rexall Place which will be made public on April 15, 2015.
Two Subcommittees have been created to gather information from other cities as well as from the community.
Future of the Arena
This subcommittee is responsible for collaborating with external stakeholders to identify and assess the community’s needs by developing an engagement plan, conducting web-based surveys and facilitating group sessions.
On December 2, an online public survey was unveiled to gather information from the community on their thoughts and suggestions for the future facility and site use of Rexall Place.
Engagement Subcommittee Members:
- Mack D. Male, Blogger of MasterMaq’s Blog and Engagement Subcommittee Chair
- His Worship Mayor Don Iveson, City of Edmonton
- Dave Quest, MLA, Government of Alberta
- Dave Mowat, President & CEO, ATB Financial
- Gerry Yuen, Northlands Board of Governors
- Burke Perry, Second Vice Chair, Northlands Board of Directors
- Mr. Andrew Ross, Arena Strategy Committee Chair, Northlands Board of Directors
From November 30 to December 3, the Exploration Subcommittee completed a four-day site visit to Columbus, Ohio as well as both Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas to gather information on mixed-use development models.
The committee will continue looking at all potential opportunities of creating a space that is valuable to the community.
Exploration Subcommittee Members:
- Laura Gadowsky, Chair, Northlands Board of Directors
- Andrew Ross, Arena Strategy Committee Chair, Northlands Board of Directors
- Stephen Petasky, President & Founder, The Luxus Group & Exploration Subcommittee Chair
- Harold Kingston, First Vice Chair, Northlands Board of Directors
- Jerri Cairns, Vice Chair, Edmonton Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Len Rhodes, President & CEO, Edmonton Eskimos Football Club
- Geraldine Bidulock, Private Business Owner
- Mr. Tom Ruth, President & CEO, Edmonton Airports
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.