Top Canadian Agricultural Event Set to Open Today in Edmonton Farmfair International Drawing Industry Leaders From Around The World
EDMONTON, AB – For 46 years Farmfair International has been a global gathering place for stakeholders, industry leaders and agricultural experts. The 2019 event, November 6-10 at the Edmonton EXPO Centre, is shaping up to be one of the preeminent agricultural events in the country, with international delegations traveling from the United States, Europe, Australia, South Africa and South America.
“Farmfair is an incredibly important economic driver for the agricultural sector in this province,” says Northlands CEO Peter Male. “This is a truly global event and we’re very proud of the role we play in supporting our local farmers, ranchers and exhibitors.”
As one of Canada’s top agricultural shows, guests from around the world come to the Edmonton Region to show, buy, and sell top quality livestock and genetics.
EVENT DATES: NOVEMBER 6 – 10
LOCATION: EDMONTON EXPO CENTRE
TIMES: 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
New additions to Farmfair 2019 include:
- The Extreme Cowboy Competition
- Alberta Honey Show
- Learning Centre Sessions – wide range of session topics
- Mutton Busting
- Purebred Cattle Shows – Farmfair International 2019 will host 9 breed shows and up to 15 different breeds of cattle, showcasing the best of the Canadian cattle industry
- Alberta Supreme Show presented by RAM – Farmfair International is pleased to partner with the Olds Fall Classic and Lloydminster Stockade Round-up to create the Alberta Supreme Show, which showcases breed champions from all three of the top cattle shows in Alberta to name two Alberta Supreme Grand Champions
- UFA Junior Futurity – featuring young agriculture enthusiasts ages 5 – 21
- Heritage Ranch Rodeo – Events ranging from Wild Cow Milking to Bronc Riding
- BMO Farm Family Awards – 13 families representing northern Alberta are being recognized for their dedication to their farms and communities
- Agriculture Education – during the first three days of Farmfair, over 1,500 students from the greater Edmonton area most in elementary school, join us at Farmfair International to learn more about agriculture and production in Alberta.